Friday, June 29, 2012

TGIF 6/29!



TGIF!

Although it is the end of the week, there is still so much work to still be done. I am very appreciative of this opportunity and interning at theGrio.com, but I really want to be in the news room. I would hate to come off rude or appalling, but I would like to take Brishaun's place at WNBC. I miss her dearly but business is just that and I need to make sure I am getting the most out of this opportunity. My current internship is beneficial but I find myself killing time for most of the shift and I really do not feel a part of the team, but an entity taking up space.
I received disturbing news this morning that really put a damper on my day, My great-uncle finally died this morning. He was expected to pass last year, so thank God that he was granted more time, but my concern is for grandmother, who I heard taking it hard. My mother  and my aunt are very concerned about her, not wanting her to indulge in alcohol to coat her sorrows. Times like this are difficult to stay focused because this is a very crucial moment for my family and I want to be home for comfort. The realization that only four of eight siblings remain living is a tough pill to swallow, especially since there has been conflict within the family, causing a slow deterioration. I guess one can be optimistic that my uncle's death will force issues to be addressed. 
I have been dealing with conflict as well with my biological father. As I mature, I have come to accept that some people just never evolve and dealing with them accordingly. I am blessed to have several father figures that have been placed in my life to fill that void. My brother's father, Glen, poured loads of encouragement and wisdom into my life, I am tearing up as I write this blog. We must have been on the phone for about two hours catching up on the events that had taken place and that are soon approaching. Although he and my mother split when I was about 7 years old, he has stayed involved in my life (for the most part) since I was two years old. 
I have only had a few hours of sleep, so today will be an early night for the sack. I want to prepare for the live shots tomorrow, especially since I did not go last week due to "technical difficulties". I need to have a well prepared story with ample details so it can be as close to perfection as possible. I am not interested in being on television, but learning every aspect is definitely beneficial for future career endeavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment