Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 4...


        New York City becomes more intriguing and adventurous daily. Today we went to lunch at Ditch Plains, I am still trying to figure out what part of town we were in, but the area was clean and looked very "rich" and did not have the common smell of garbage and urine that floods the streets of Harlem. Besides the vibe of the area, the restaurant had a down-to-earth feeling and we were greeted by the general manager, who seemed appreciative to have us as guest. The food was commendable, which is good since they are treating us to lunch twice a week for the duration of the internship. 
The service was good and on point with any need, but it was a little slow and  we were a little late getting back to 30 Rock. Part of it was arriving late to the establishment, but I think apart of the problem was the fact that many of the girls haven't yet grasp the concept of "the New York minute". I fall victim to this problem as well, but I have noticed I move fast naturally, sometimes a little too fast at times and I often have to retract my steps. I did enjoy the fact that we came up with personal nicknames for each other. The name I was given was "Stay Schemin" because I always have an plan forming in my head and I often move covert, or so I have been told. It definitely made the afternoon that much better and it showed a sense of bonding and unity amongst the group. 
All the guest today gave vital information that poured directly into my life. I consumed as much information as I could ingest to make me a better journalist. Sometimes ( most times) I am my worst critique and feel I am not working to the best of my ability and my stress levels go from zero to ten in .5 seconds . I know that there is always room for improvement; organization is the key! 

No comments:

Post a Comment