Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday: Day 5


I don't have an internship yet, so I did not have to leave the dorm  today. Of course Ms. Reid made sure my day was full and eventful. Next week I have the responsibility of finding guest for the Tom Joyner Morning Show on top of other assignments that are due and the pressure is on. Pitching a story that is acceptable is difficult, but actually finding a guest can not be described for this blog. The realization that this national segment is my responsibility is a tough pill to swallow, but it will get done. I also have to research information on Glossolalia or as we know it "speaking in tongues". 
We were suppose to go to a soul food restaurant called Melba's, but Ms. Reid insisted we stay in for a pizza night, where she addressed some issues that she been hearing about and basically told us to not act like "unstable creatures". We had a one-on-one to recap the week and consumed all the information she suggested to do to network. As a group, we inducted our honorary twelfth member of The Reid Group when a girl that attended CCNY invited herself into our session. She was nice and very enthused to meet us, so it was okay. 
Later that evening, we watched Sue Simmons of NBC4 last show anchoring for the network. Although I never heard of her before coming to New York City, watching her story I became emotional. One thing for sure, she was definitely a "fox" when she was younger and she grew to become  irreplaceable icon. I have to admit, I was left pondering on why her co-host was not released along with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment