Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 7: CCC...Brooklyn!!!


        The Christian Cultural Center in Brooklyn was definitely a spiritual breathe of fresh air. At first, I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive about attending the 30,000+ congregation due to my own personal issues with religion and churches with "spot and wrinkles", but after being greeting with warm welcomes and enjoying the praise and worship, my guard was eventually demolished. 
The sermon was quick and to the point which is good for the schedules we have. Senior Pastor, Rev. A. R. Bernard style of preaching was admirable because he taught the word of God with passion and swagger. He strategically left cliff hangers to keep his audience coming back for more. His style was different from the usual fire and brimstone style of preaching that is too common in many black churches. I was slightly disappointed when time ran out because I felt that the sermon just starting to deliver vital information that was meant for me to get through this experience and prepare for my career. 
      I had been feeling as though I had been walking blindly trying to figure my PURPOSE. At times struggle with the idea that I am not working to the best of my ability or more simply, what I want to do with the rest of my life. I want to continue attending CCC weekly to keep a spiritual balance that has been lacking in my life. The main objective is to remain sane with everything that is happening so rapidly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment