Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Reid Group: Day 2


        Today in New York City, I was observing was that everyone rode the subway no matter what walk of life they  came from. Passengers on the New York transit ranged from business executives to foreigners that barely spoke english. Social status or ethnic background was not at all a determining factor. I even saw a Rabbi get off the train, which is not common in my neck of the woods. I was also surprised that Ms. Reid had rode the train into the city  as well. She explained that due to the weather it was just a part of the city's culture. 
I am rapidly learning the proper etiquette of the transit system because I know New Yorkers will snap if your in their way or taking up both sides of the stairways and escalators. I am from upstate New York, which is a little slower than "the city" but I am finding myself becoming adjusted to the ways of life by simply observing my surroundings and people watching. However, I do understand how someone thats never set foot in the Big Apple can become overwhelmed when diving head first into the number 1 market in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment