Sunday, January 29, 2012

Meet: Tahajah Samuels




By Briana C. Scott

Hailing from Brooklyn, NY, Tahajah Samuels exemplifies some of her personal attributes as being confident, hard-working and a little too trust-worthy of people.
          “Everyday won't be peaches and cream, but I know my ultimate goal, I'm a rider and I won't stop until I get it…" stated Tahajah Samuels when explaining her ambition for a career in Public Relations. A junior at Clark Atlanta University, Samuels stated that although Atlanta is known as the black Mecca, it was not her first choice.  “I wanted to go to Howard University; I did early decision and everything.” It was not until she received the Dean’s Scholarship, a first-time freshmen scholarship, and researched the creditials of the Mass Media Arts department that sealed the deal with the University.  
          Shanee Pysadee, a long-time friend of Samuels, stated that she has always been a well rounded, goal oriented person. Pysadee explicated that Public Relation would be a perfect career choice for Tahajah because “she has always been easy to talk to.”
          “It may sound bias, but Tahajah is one of the most amazing people in my age group” stated Kendra Kelly, Samuels’s cousin.  She goes on to explain that although they did not grow up together, Kelly looks at Samuels as one of her closest friends. “She is very tenacious and dedicated to academics, something I take importance in as well” stated Kelly when describing their evolving relationship.
          When asked to describe some key personality traits, Samuels responded “I’m extremely passionate, optimistic, and persistant… No matter what, I give 350% when working on something, because if I don't, who else will?”

1 comment: